I went to KL on Sunday night to attend today Seminar on Influenza A H1n1 Pandemic: Pragmatic Approaches for the workplace organised by Academy of Occupational & Envrionmental Medicine, Malaysia (AOEMM) at Grand Dorsett Subang Hotel.
The seminar started with the Keynote address on Situation Report on Influenza A H1N1/09 in Malaysia - What to expect in time to come by Dr Sirajuddin Hashim, Sr. Principal Assistant Director Diseases Control Division, Ministry of Health.
7 Lectures were delivered by expert as follows:
1. Mitigation Phase : Actions taken by MOH and Role of Private Medical Services Provider by Dr Priya Ragunath from MOH.
2. Clinical Presentation and Management of Influenza A H1n1 : The Malaysian Experience by Dr Suresh Kumar, Consultant Infectioius Disease Physician, Sungai Buloh Hospital
3. Health Care Wokers - The Appropriate Protective Measures in the Healthcare Facility by Ms Josephine Xavier, Sime Darby Medical Centre
4. Influenza Pandemic: ILO Training Material on Workplace Action by Dr Zalina from DOSH
5. Recommended Preventive Actions to be taken in the workplace - the Role of Employers & Employees by Dr Abed onn, Medical Director GE
6. Business Continutiy Plan : What Works by Dr Khatijah Jumangat from Infineon Technologies
7. Risk Perception and Risk Communication during the Current H1N1 Pandemic by Prof. Dr KG Rampal of UKM
I will post some new informations from each of the lectures later....